- Line rimmed baking tray with tin foil. I used extra foil to raise the sides to avoid the splatter but there really wasn't that much splatter.
- Place bacon on the tray, barely touching
- Place tray on the middle rack in cold oven and heat over to 400F.
- Once the oven reaches 400F, bake for another 17-20 min depending on how you like your bacon.
- I like mine crispy so I typically bake it for 20min.
Friday, May 3, 2013
No mess baked bacon
Craving bacon but hate the mess it makes in your kitchen after frying up a batch? Look no further, after trying microwaving and baking it at various temperatures, I finally found a recipe that I like and it comes from Alton Brown :) It is easy and not too involved, just leave it in the oven and walk away - it'll be hard as you will soon start to smell bacon and will be so tempted to peek. Resist - just set the timer and walk away. Remember to turn on the exhaust fan too!! Or if you love the smell of bacon then just let the yummy smell of bacon just waft through the house.