|Roast Pork Loin with Apple Cranberry Sauce|
2 1/2 - 3 lbs boneless pork loin (I used 3 lbs)
Pork Roast Recipe Adapted from America's Test Kitchen
- Brine pork - (2 quarts water, 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 sugar for 1 1/2 -2 hours)
- Tie the roast and let stand at room temperature covered loosely with plastic wrap for 30min-1hr.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle and heat oven to 375F.
- Pat roast dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil till smoking and brown the roast on all sides.
- I used a cast iron skillet so it goes direct into the oven if not, transfer roast to a 9-13inch baking dish.
- Roast until the thickest part of the roast registers 135F, 50-70min turning the roast halfway. (Mine was done in 35min)
- Transfer roast to a carving board and tent with foil until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145F-150F (about 10min)
Apple Cranberry Sauce
1 red delicious apple, sliced into small thin slices
1 green granny smith apple, sliced into small thin slices
1/2 cup sweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup orange juice
- Throw everything into a pot and reduce.