Sauce should be adjusted to suit your own taste
1/4 cup tamarind paste ( I strained 8oz of tamarind paste with 2 cups of warm water and got approx 1 1/4 cup of tamarind)
1 round palm sugar + 1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
The sauce should taste salty first, then sour, then sweet.
Prawn or Chicken
Firm Traditional Tofu
- Fry tofu till nicely brown, set aside
- Fry prawns and/or chicken with garlic till almost cooked, set aside
- Cook rice noodle till al dente, set aside
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil, add garlic, rice noodle and some sauce and fry till noodles are done. Move to side of pan
- Crack egg and leave for 10-15 sec then stir the noodles in
- Add beansprouts, chinese chives, tofu, prawn and/or chicken, peanut and stir fry everything together.
Serve with lime, chilli, sugar and fish sauce.